Monday, August 11, 2008

Whale Watching













This is a trip to some whale watching. We took off from playa pinuela (which is the beach). We went to a place called San Josecito, which is a beach near Corcovado National Park (San Josecito is the subject of another blog). Corcovado is recognized by Nat'l Geographic as being a great place. The island is the Isla del Cano, off the coast from Josecito. The water, as you can see, was crystal clear and blue as blue can get. In one pic I am on the boat. The last picture in this series is of the other boat in the group heading up the Rio Sierpe at the end of the trip (after Isla del Cano and the whale watching).

At Isla del Cano, one of my roommates, Alberto, and I went body surfing (sort of body surfing, it was more like sand eating because the waves were breaking right on the beach). I actually got a little piece of sand/rock stuck in my toe (it got imbedded there).

No comments: